19.9.09

londoncalling


OK. I've now been in the Land of Fish and Chips for appox. 17 days and I never want to leave. The first few nights were questionable, getting drunk off strongbow pints and teeter-totting on my YSL heels around Paddington pubs with anonymous Aussie's and my roommates. I'm on the verge of becoming a 'regular' at a pub down the street called The GREEN MAN. My brother would love it - I will probably buy him a Green Man shirt...(It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia...) The pub is a shabby little corner pub with a hostel on top (hence all the aussies...good god.)

School is boring. I sit in 3 hour classes with teachers who babble on about semi interesting topics. I love my Art Class - we take trips to different art museums once every two weeks so it's really helping me get to know the culture of the city! Last week I walked to the Tate museum in pouring rain without an umbrella. I looked like I had showered in my clothes. Not so funny at the time! The Tate was amazing, however. I have a new love for JMW Turner's work. I got to see Ophelia and Lady of Shallot in person, they're beautiful. The other courses I'm taking (Understanding Britain, where I think I get to go on a 'Jack the Ripper walking tour' ...right up my alley!, and Ethics in British Journalism or something like that) are alright.

My job is wonderful. I'm working at the Anne O'Dowd Agency which consists of Anne and Amelia. Anne is very talented and interesting, and so is Amelia... Amelia will probably be my saving grace, she's just a year older than me and is a local so she'll be inviting me places during fashion week - and hopefully after! I have so much fun with them, even if I'm just steaming new shipment most of the day (they've been giving me other, more thought-inducing projects, as well... :) ). Tea breaks are semi-frequent, the store/studio is right across Osman Yousefzada's studio, a block away from Madonna's house, a block away from Oxford Street,and best of all... I'm learning a lot about the industry, and myself. I really now think that I might be interested, seriously, in the fashion industry. We'll talk when I'm done with the program :).

This past week at Anne's has been exciting for me - like I mentioned above, Osman Yousefzada's studio is straight across the road, so I'm able to stare into the windows to see what they're up to. He's been preparing his line for Fashion Week since about Wednesday and I've been witness to some of what it takes to prepare yourself for that. I've seen some legitimate models in with their creepy toothpick legs and 7-inch tall cement block platform shoes walking up for go sees. I've seen them get their hair and makeup done, get fitted, everything! And best of all, yesterday he gave us (ME) tickets to his runway show on Saturday! I about died. I get to go to a runway show at London Fashion Week.



The Lady of Shallot
Ophelia



some celebrities in Osman's Designs
the Little Black Dress exhibition
Another of his exhibitions




the outside of Anne's Agency, the top floor is a Ronen Chen retail shop
Amelia

Tea breaks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

archive

я люблю…

  • tea cups
  • cat masks
  • steven meisel
  • gisele scanlon
  • patterned/embellished/wonderful tights
  • laura mercier

slither over hither...